Skip to main content

Revisiting the Transcript

I'm home again from Greenwood for the weekend. Thunderstorms are all around us this evening and likely will be all weekend as well. Fortunately, no tractor trailer incidents on the drive home this evening! I do love coming home to my high-speed internet connection and my fat grey cat though. Even if I lived in a cardboard box under the overpass, I'd still love simply knowing that I was home and in my own box (so to speak). Ah freeeeeeedom!!

I just printed and re-read the transcript of the Al-Hurra video tapes. I am just sick from the nasty syrup that drips off the pages with the words of each sycophant captured on tape. Media corruption aside, the transcript highlights the extent to which the Husseins were able to mold their world into whatever image they liked courtesy of their oil coupons. It is simply sickening.

The harrassment described by Raed's family is simply mortifying. The word "behead" is so short and so simple yet so very descriptive. It seems a blip on the paper but I'm sure it hung in the air for that family like no other word. And, I'm left wondering where the outcry was in this country for people like Raed's family after all this has been uncovered. Why do we not hear more Americans say "Thank God those people are finally free to live their lives without fear of Uday"? What will it take for these stories to get to the mainstream so that Americans can be proud -- I mean TRULY proud -- of our country for what we have done there?

Raed's mother is quite descriptive of the conditions she and her daughter suffered while in custody. It is simply incredible to me that Liberals in this country are filing lawsuits and complaining about the conditions at the holding facility in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. Have they not read (and heard) from Iraqis themselves about the disgusting conditions they were subjected to in Iraqi "security centers?" Have they missed the stories about people who have lost limbs in Hussein's torture chambers? How can they turn their heads and proclaim America wrong to have liberated these people from such atrocities?

I have told more than one Lib, when subjected to the "lies" diatribe that I really don't give a damn why we went to war with Hussein in the first place; those fine people are now free to form a more civilized society and exert their freedom to do good in the Arab world. While that certainly sounds Machiavellian, maybe Machiavelli was on to something. In our case, of course, we had nothing but a fierce need to protect our country proactively from what would have most certainly come out of that country to our country one day. Maybe, just maybe, when the reasons are just, the ends do sometimes justify the means.

Thanks to all the brave men and women who are still out there freeing Iraqis from the last threat to their freedom -- terrorists. The despots have been taken down; one more group of miscreants to take out and we can all rest for a bit, eh?

Comments

Rena Bernard said…
Thanks, Jamie Dawn. I'll stop in at the thorn blog one of these days soon.

Popular posts from this blog

Louisville Tea Party -- July 4, 2009

Help us make it known to Comrade Obama and his goons on Capitol Hill that July 4th is INdependence Day , not COdependence day! Louisville's patriots are throwing a TEA Party on Saturday, July 4th in Jefferson Square (6th and Jefferson) from 11am - 2pm. Hope to see you there!!

Friday Night with Hugh and Friends

The consummate Conservative host, Hugh Hewitt, and yours truly! Shameless of me to post this, I know; however, I'm too jazzed to care. :-p What a wonderful way to spend a Friday night! After an hour or so wandering through some of the exhibits at the Frazier Historical Arms Museum, I then got to spend three hours with Hugh Hewitt and 599 other fans of his show. I absolutely MUST say that not only was Hugh wonderful and the live show very entertaining, but his fans are absolutely the nicest people! I've seen other radio talk show s done live and mingled with fans of those shows. Hugh Hewitt's fans are the nicest, most down to earth, friendly people I've ever met. It's quite a credit to Hugh that he draws such a fan base. If you haven't been to the Frazier Historical Arms Museum here in Louisville, it's a must-see. The museum shows an amazing artistry with the exhibits and places them in the context of the times in a very entertaining and educationa

As the Blog Turns...

Gee. I have found myself fascinated by the soap opera unfolding in the comments section of this blog since last night. One little mention on a controversial Democrat's blog and it's High Noon on ConservaChick! (Yes, I'm laughing while I type this.) For those of you who have no idea what's happening in the ever-expanding comments section , join the club! Here's what I know about Mark Nickolas from bits and pieces I've read on his blog, and from a local news report: Nickolas likes to sneer at Republicans and call them snide little nicknames as he provides his "Unfiltered and Candid Look at Politics, Politicians and the Media in Kentucky;" he raised a ruckus within the Democrat party here in Kentucky by filing a suit against the chairman of the party , Jerry Lundergan; and he will be appearing on the same panel with yours truly on Thursday night. That's about it. You now have the benefit of my not-so-extensive knowledge on this subject. Nickolas poste