Skip to main content

Let Allah Sort Them Out

As I hear, read, and see more about the incident with the Marine shooting a wounded enemy in the mosque in Fallujah, I become more and more furious at the "mainstream" media. What has happened to the idea that you gather all of the facts to properly frame a story before simply spewing video and opinions?! I did a little time in Journalism class in college and it seems to me that the textbook was thrown out ages ago.

Iraqis condemned the act as "cowardice" and "something forbidden in Islam."

Oh, so I suppose that taking and beheading hostages IS an act of bravery and allowed in Islam? How dare the Iraqis condemn a Marine who is doing the work that they should have done themselves years and years ago? Where are the brave Iraqis who helped clear Fallujah of the insidious terrorist/insurgent presence and what do they have to say about this incident? You would think, from the level of hysterical reporting, that this Marine shot an innocent civilian who meant him no harm. Excuse me; I believe the guy was the ENEMY... had shot at and possibly wounded some of our guys in the first place. WAKE UP, people. It's a WAR! Look, our military personnel are well aware of when it is and when it is not appropriate to shoot a wounded enemy. If any country can be expected to police its own, it's the United States of America.

Since I'm not seeing any well-rounded, contextual reporting on this, allow me to provide some context to this story -- the Marine at the center of this controversy was shot in the face by an enemy combatant just the day before; the enemy has wounded a number of our soldiers by booby-trapping their wounded and dead; this particular enemy combatant was "playing dead" which is a common tactic to lure our soldiers in closer so that they can attack; and, lastly but more importantly, war is a scenario of barely controlled chaos, at best.

I'm furious. Look, human beings are fallable. Throw them in dangerous situations they will make judgements that will guard their own lives and those of their compatriots. Our guys are highly trained professionals and I feel sure that when the facts are made public and weighed in context with the situation, this Marine will be found to have been justified in his actions. Honestly, I'd much rather see our guys err on the side of protecting their own lives when confronted with an enemy in a risky situation like that. Shoot first and let Allah sort them out later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Louisville Tea Party -- July 4, 2009

Help us make it known to Comrade Obama and his goons on Capitol Hill that July 4th is INdependence Day , not COdependence day! Louisville's patriots are throwing a TEA Party on Saturday, July 4th in Jefferson Square (6th and Jefferson) from 11am - 2pm. Hope to see you there!!

Friday Night with Hugh and Friends

The consummate Conservative host, Hugh Hewitt, and yours truly! Shameless of me to post this, I know; however, I'm too jazzed to care. :-p What a wonderful way to spend a Friday night! After an hour or so wandering through some of the exhibits at the Frazier Historical Arms Museum, I then got to spend three hours with Hugh Hewitt and 599 other fans of his show. I absolutely MUST say that not only was Hugh wonderful and the live show very entertaining, but his fans are absolutely the nicest people! I've seen other radio talk show s done live and mingled with fans of those shows. Hugh Hewitt's fans are the nicest, most down to earth, friendly people I've ever met. It's quite a credit to Hugh that he draws such a fan base. If you haven't been to the Frazier Historical Arms Museum here in Louisville, it's a must-see. The museum shows an amazing artistry with the exhibits and places them in the context of the times in a very entertaining and educationa

As the Blog Turns...

Gee. I have found myself fascinated by the soap opera unfolding in the comments section of this blog since last night. One little mention on a controversial Democrat's blog and it's High Noon on ConservaChick! (Yes, I'm laughing while I type this.) For those of you who have no idea what's happening in the ever-expanding comments section , join the club! Here's what I know about Mark Nickolas from bits and pieces I've read on his blog, and from a local news report: Nickolas likes to sneer at Republicans and call them snide little nicknames as he provides his "Unfiltered and Candid Look at Politics, Politicians and the Media in Kentucky;" he raised a ruckus within the Democrat party here in Kentucky by filing a suit against the chairman of the party , Jerry Lundergan; and he will be appearing on the same panel with yours truly on Thursday night. That's about it. You now have the benefit of my not-so-extensive knowledge on this subject. Nickolas poste