Skip to main content

Colts Fan for Life, Baby!

I have a confession to make... I am now officially a Colts fan for life. When I lived in the San Francisco Bay Area, I was a huge 49ers fan. Although, I must admit that I lived out there during the heyday of the 49ers (mid-80s) when Montana & Rice ran riot over other teams. Too bad the 49ers are laughable these days. Evidently the whole Bay Area has taken a turn for the worse these days because even the Raiders are more like the "panty raiders" -- did they slap a second eye patch on that pirate in their logo, or what? Sure wish Louisville had the fan base to bring an NFL team here... *sigh* I guess I should learn to like basketball, eh?

I can't get enough of the Colts though. Look, I just finished watching them clinch the AFC South by beating the Texans -- my condolences to El Jefe -- and I'm chomping at the bit already for their win against the Ravens next Sunday. The game against the Texans was a good one especially since the Colts' quarterback extraordinaire, Peyton Manning, set a consecutive multi-touchdown record today too. I'm just hoping that the Colts' defense works harder against the Ravens next Sunday. I think they're improving slooooooowly but would love to see them do better and possibly take the Colts all the way to the Superbowl this year. I don't see how it could happen any other way.

GO COLTS!

Comments

El Jefe Maximo said…
Gracias for your condolences on the Texans. Yes, Houston still suffers, periodically, from Santa Anna's curse. When captured by the Texans at San Jacinto, near Houston, in 1836, and haled before Sam Houston, Mexican President-General Santa Anna, after he stopped spluttering, prior to being run out of Texas on a rail -- supposedly assumed a Cassandra-like expression and said, solemnly "No city built here will ever have consistent good luck with a major league sports franchise."

Popular posts from this blog

Louisville Tea Party -- July 4, 2009

Help us make it known to Comrade Obama and his goons on Capitol Hill that July 4th is INdependence Day , not COdependence day! Louisville's patriots are throwing a TEA Party on Saturday, July 4th in Jefferson Square (6th and Jefferson) from 11am - 2pm. Hope to see you there!!

Friday Night with Hugh and Friends

The consummate Conservative host, Hugh Hewitt, and yours truly! Shameless of me to post this, I know; however, I'm too jazzed to care. :-p What a wonderful way to spend a Friday night! After an hour or so wandering through some of the exhibits at the Frazier Historical Arms Museum, I then got to spend three hours with Hugh Hewitt and 599 other fans of his show. I absolutely MUST say that not only was Hugh wonderful and the live show very entertaining, but his fans are absolutely the nicest people! I've seen other radio talk show s done live and mingled with fans of those shows. Hugh Hewitt's fans are the nicest, most down to earth, friendly people I've ever met. It's quite a credit to Hugh that he draws such a fan base. If you haven't been to the Frazier Historical Arms Museum here in Louisville, it's a must-see. The museum shows an amazing artistry with the exhibits and places them in the context of the times in a very entertaining and educationa

As the Blog Turns...

Gee. I have found myself fascinated by the soap opera unfolding in the comments section of this blog since last night. One little mention on a controversial Democrat's blog and it's High Noon on ConservaChick! (Yes, I'm laughing while I type this.) For those of you who have no idea what's happening in the ever-expanding comments section , join the club! Here's what I know about Mark Nickolas from bits and pieces I've read on his blog, and from a local news report: Nickolas likes to sneer at Republicans and call them snide little nicknames as he provides his "Unfiltered and Candid Look at Politics, Politicians and the Media in Kentucky;" he raised a ruckus within the Democrat party here in Kentucky by filing a suit against the chairman of the party , Jerry Lundergan; and he will be appearing on the same panel with yours truly on Thursday night. That's about it. You now have the benefit of my not-so-extensive knowledge on this subject. Nickolas poste