Skip to main content

Obsessed with Democracy in Iraq!

Okay, it's almost 02:30 and I'm still up watching Fox News to see how things are going with the election in Iraqi today (Sunday). I may be an obsessed news junkie. However, I'm pretty sure that I'm simply an American who is so very proud that my country has brought this special moment to reality for repressed Iraqis to finally have a voice in their future.

Every time a news reporter interviews Iraqis in line at a polling place (ex-pats in other countries as well as Iraqis in their hometowns), there are huge smiles and thumbs-up. I almost thought for a few minutes tonight that Geraldo Rivera was going to break into song and shed some tears of joy right on camera! He overflowed with pride and happiness right there on camera as he talked about the Iraqis he saw voting today. I am so proud of the Iraqi people and of our valiant men and women in uniform! What a special day in history!

God bless them all and keep them safe on this day of freedom!

For the rest of my obsessed friends, you might like to know that Spirit of America is doing a broadcast event online and CSPAN will be showing some of the Spirit of America broadcast from 2-4pm EST today (Sunday). Also, check out Friends of Democracy as they blog the happenings directly from Iraq. I'll probably be glued to all of this as well. Okay, it's official: I'm obsessed!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is conscription the prescription?

US Representative, Charlie Rangel (D-NY) is at it again. Rangel's prescription for fixing the ills we're feeling in Iraq is a draft . I have very mixed feelings about this. Conscription is conscription no matter what you choose to label it. Is that appropriate in a free country? On the flip side of this coin, I've often thought that compulsory national service would be a great idea for American kids right out of high school. It might have been a better start for me than learning to down beer at a Liberal Arts university! Two years in the service might give kids time to think about their future, learn higher levels of responsibility, and begin to take life more seriously. There are many countries who require some level of mandatory military service: Belarus, Chile, China, Croatia, Serbia, Russia, Iran, Lebanon, our neighbor Mexico, and our old buddy Germany, to name a few. Gee, now that I look at that partial list... aren't many of those countries Socialist or at battl...

As the Blog Turns...

Gee. I have found myself fascinated by the soap opera unfolding in the comments section of this blog since last night. One little mention on a controversial Democrat's blog and it's High Noon on ConservaChick! (Yes, I'm laughing while I type this.) For those of you who have no idea what's happening in the ever-expanding comments section , join the club! Here's what I know about Mark Nickolas from bits and pieces I've read on his blog, and from a local news report: Nickolas likes to sneer at Republicans and call them snide little nicknames as he provides his "Unfiltered and Candid Look at Politics, Politicians and the Media in Kentucky;" he raised a ruckus within the Democrat party here in Kentucky by filing a suit against the chairman of the party , Jerry Lundergan; and he will be appearing on the same panel with yours truly on Thursday night. That's about it. You now have the benefit of my not-so-extensive knowledge on this subject. Nickolas poste...

New Party Catch Phrase

Howard Dean has asked The People's Cube to help craft a new catch phrase for the party. You can help ! And, with gems like these, you might want to act quickly before Dean picks one: If it ain't easy, it ain't workin'! Why is everyone else so stupid? Islamists don't cause war, stupid, our military does! While you're at The People's Cube, don't miss the new articles on meetings between the new Democrat leaders on the Hill and Al Qaeda. They are already hard at work solving the world's problems in a bipartisan way!