Skip to main content

Sunday's PW Debriefing

For those of you who don't know, Protest Warrior has had a standing counter-protest against LPAC and other Lefties on the first Sunday of every month at the Bardstown Rd/Douglass Blvd intersection. This month was no exception and was actually more successful (subjectively speaking) than a number of previous months.

We had up to eight Warriors on hand for this one and, now that the daylight is on our side from 7-8pm, we had a number of supportive motorists (honks and wooohooos) who were able to read our signs and see that we stood in opposition to the America-haters on the other corners.

For the record, here are some of the incidents that still stand out in my mind after this past Sunday's mission:

1.) The most astonishing show of support came via a motorist who stopped his car in the middle of the intersection and got out of his car. At first, he looked very mad and a few of us thought he was going to throw punches our way! His anger was not about us at all; it was about the lunkheaded Lefties. He stood in that intersection and shouted to us, "God bless you all for being out here. We need more people like you standing up to these idiots!" We were a bit concerned for his safety (and his sanity, actually); however, he got back in his car immediately and sped away.

2.) An older gent in a cadillac was stopped at the light closest to where I was standing with my signs. He shouted out to me, "I think I like you guys. What are your signs about?" I told him and he said "Yep, I definitely like you guys!" He told me that if he could stand, he'd certainly get out and join us on the corner. Turns out he is a disabled veteran. Those guys are gems -- always so supportive of us and always fun to talk with.

In stark contrast to the disabled veteran in his cadillac, the Lefties have a guy on their side every month whose sign says "Veterans for Peace." I talked to him one time and it turns out he served with the U.N. troops for a short time. Excuse me while I spit. He's no veteran; he's a con-artist, worthless blue-helmeted piece of political garbage. If you want to see how helpful the U.N. blue helmets were in Bosnia, watch a movie called "No Mans Land." Awesome movie.

The Lefties also have a couple who were in the Air Force at some time in their lives. I doubt they are USAF retirees. They like to tell the press that they are "Vietnam vets." We did a little looking into that and it turns out that neither of them ever saw duty in Vietnam. He was in Thailand in 1975 and she probably was too. Never trust a Lib who says he/she is a veteran of any war. They call a number of things "veteran" none of which the rest of us would recognize as having served.

3.) And, finally, I found it amusing that a young, long-haired kid who introduced himself as Derrick, came over and read our signs. Some of us get tired of trying to talk with the Lefties when they approach wanting some dialogue. It is very much like listening to the Autorantic Moonbat in the sidebar of my blog. For some reason, Derrick decided to chat with me and I was actually in the mood for it.

He said, "I've never really met anyone who is a Rightwinger so I thought I'd see for myself what you guys are like. So what are you guys all about?"

Fortunately, I've gotten better at the abbreviated version of explaining our position; he nodded his head a lot. Then he actually thanked me for talking to him, said I was nice, and walked away. I think this young man had been brainwashed into thinking that "Rightwingers" were all bad people. Sad, isn't it?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Louisville Tea Party -- July 4, 2009

Help us make it known to Comrade Obama and his goons on Capitol Hill that July 4th is INdependence Day , not COdependence day! Louisville's patriots are throwing a TEA Party on Saturday, July 4th in Jefferson Square (6th and Jefferson) from 11am - 2pm. Hope to see you there!!

Friday Night with Hugh and Friends

The consummate Conservative host, Hugh Hewitt, and yours truly! Shameless of me to post this, I know; however, I'm too jazzed to care. :-p What a wonderful way to spend a Friday night! After an hour or so wandering through some of the exhibits at the Frazier Historical Arms Museum, I then got to spend three hours with Hugh Hewitt and 599 other fans of his show. I absolutely MUST say that not only was Hugh wonderful and the live show very entertaining, but his fans are absolutely the nicest people! I've seen other radio talk show s done live and mingled with fans of those shows. Hugh Hewitt's fans are the nicest, most down to earth, friendly people I've ever met. It's quite a credit to Hugh that he draws such a fan base. If you haven't been to the Frazier Historical Arms Museum here in Louisville, it's a must-see. The museum shows an amazing artistry with the exhibits and places them in the context of the times in a very entertaining and educationa

As the Blog Turns...

Gee. I have found myself fascinated by the soap opera unfolding in the comments section of this blog since last night. One little mention on a controversial Democrat's blog and it's High Noon on ConservaChick! (Yes, I'm laughing while I type this.) For those of you who have no idea what's happening in the ever-expanding comments section , join the club! Here's what I know about Mark Nickolas from bits and pieces I've read on his blog, and from a local news report: Nickolas likes to sneer at Republicans and call them snide little nicknames as he provides his "Unfiltered and Candid Look at Politics, Politicians and the Media in Kentucky;" he raised a ruckus within the Democrat party here in Kentucky by filing a suit against the chairman of the party , Jerry Lundergan; and he will be appearing on the same panel with yours truly on Thursday night. That's about it. You now have the benefit of my not-so-extensive knowledge on this subject. Nickolas poste