Skip to main content

Blogger Burn-out?

I noticed that my blogging has lapsed quite substantially over the past week or so. I'm come to the conclusion that the reason for this is that I'm tired. I'm tired of the same old BS from the Left. It gets discussed ad nauseum when it really is just tripe that deserves to be pitched in a garbage disposal and liquified beyond recognition. The air time this nonsense about Rove is getting is just ridiculous. Brilliant legal minds (some from the MSM no less) have analyzed this and found that there is no substantive proof that any crime was committed by Rove. If a crime was committed, it was by a yet unnamed source. Likely not Rove. And yet, over and over and over again, we are subjected to it on TV, in print, and on the radio. Would our respected Conservative on-air personalities/analysts just dump it off their to-do lists, please?

The war -- over and over and over again we are making the logical and sane case that YES, Iraq had connections to Al Qaeda; YES, the war was warranted and justified, even if we didn't find WMD in Iraq when we finally got there; and YES, anecdotally speaking, most intelligent human beings support the march of freedom that was catapulted into the headlines of this decade by the plottings of one insane Islamo-fascist named Bin Laden. Do we need to keep beating this dead horse? Seriously. Do we? Even the lunkheaded Leftists know that we are just allowing them to suck the life out of us with repeated nonsense when there are more important things to attend to. How about raises for our military men and women? How about privatizing Social Security (sorry Bill Kristol, I totally disagree with you on this)? How about making tax cuts and the Patriot Act permanent? How about a flat tax? How about getting Conservative judges on the Supreme Court and Circuit Courts? How about securing our borders? How about paying attention to substantive issues for a change? How about we stop letting the Left drive OUR agenda for a change?!

And so, I think I've got a bad case of the blogger blahs. How many times can I express outrage at the Left and pride in our Brothers and Sisters at Arms? How many times can I explicitly and implicitly state my feelings on the same old issues?

So, instead, I've been provided with a nice little diversion courtesy of CBS (believe it or not). I am now officially hooked on Rock Star: INXS. It is now my guilty pleasure, and you, dear readers, are hearing my confession. I'm absolutely hooked. I am in awe of the talent of the 15 contestants on this new show. They are charismatic and hugely talented. I miss INXS and Michael Hutchens. I still find it hard to believe that it was over 20 years ago now that my step-daughter at the time (Kelly) introduced me to their music. At 12-years-old, she was head-over-heels in love with Michael Hutchens. She even cried when he cut off all of his curly locks and began to wear glasses... she hated to see him throw aside his heart-breakingly romantic rock star look for the more intellectual look. I would imagine that, wherever she is today, she's watching this show too, dreading the inevitable replacement of the rock star she loved.

At any rate, don't expect too many keen political commentaries from me (as if there usually are keen commentaries on my blog!) for a while. Until we give up this constant ping-pong with the Left over the same old issues, I doubt I'll have much new to say. Maybe an update or two on my favorite "rock star" as the show progresses though! ;-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Louisville Tea Party -- July 4, 2009

Help us make it known to Comrade Obama and his goons on Capitol Hill that July 4th is INdependence Day , not COdependence day! Louisville's patriots are throwing a TEA Party on Saturday, July 4th in Jefferson Square (6th and Jefferson) from 11am - 2pm. Hope to see you there!!

Friday Night with Hugh and Friends

The consummate Conservative host, Hugh Hewitt, and yours truly! Shameless of me to post this, I know; however, I'm too jazzed to care. :-p What a wonderful way to spend a Friday night! After an hour or so wandering through some of the exhibits at the Frazier Historical Arms Museum, I then got to spend three hours with Hugh Hewitt and 599 other fans of his show. I absolutely MUST say that not only was Hugh wonderful and the live show very entertaining, but his fans are absolutely the nicest people! I've seen other radio talk show s done live and mingled with fans of those shows. Hugh Hewitt's fans are the nicest, most down to earth, friendly people I've ever met. It's quite a credit to Hugh that he draws such a fan base. If you haven't been to the Frazier Historical Arms Museum here in Louisville, it's a must-see. The museum shows an amazing artistry with the exhibits and places them in the context of the times in a very entertaining and educationa

Would YOU buy a used car from these men?...

Questions about federal tax-exempt status and the inappropriate use of personal connections have been swirling around two Kentucky men of late: State Treasurer Jonathan Miller and blogger Mark Nickolas of The Bluegrass Report . While some may choose to misconstrue the intent of the people who have raised these questions, the fact remains that the questions raised ARE indeed quite serious. The Bluegrass Report blog operates from funds donated to an organization called The Foundation for Kentucky's Future, Inc. -- I would provide a link to the foundation's website if it had an online presence; currently, there is nothing online except a PayPal link for donations. The Foundation for Kentucky’s Future, Inc. claims a tax-exempt 501(c)4 status; however, that claim has been found (via conversations with IRS representatives) to be false. The foundation is not a federally-recognized tax-exempt entity nor are donations to it considered valid “business expenses” by the IRS. Federal an