Skip to main content

Word to your Mother

Carl Morgan and some ProtestWarriors showed up at Crawford, TX to counter-protest Sheehan's gang. Here is his report, which was printed as an editorial in the Dallas Morning News:

Politics of protest - War protesters say they want debate and dissent, but only if it's their debate and dissent

07:34 PM CDT on Tuesday, August 16, 2005
CRAWFORD - I guess we made a wrong turn.
This became obvious when a Secret Service agent approached the car and asked what we wanted. We were too close to President Bush's ranch.

According to radio station KLIF-AM (570), we were to park at Bubba's house (no joke) and meet with other Bush supporters to counter Cindy Sheehan's cooperation with increasingly distasteful anti-war groups. I was with six Protest Warriors, a conservative group that "protests the protesters."

When we explained this to the Secret Service agent, she became amicable - smiled even - and was extremely helpful. This was emblematic of every law-enforcement officer we encountered.
We passed through a carnival of anti-war tents and tables, protesters strutting fearlessly in front of us, before we could find parking and I could start doing what I'd set out to do: talk to people.

I asked a supporter of Cindy Sheehan whether I could talk to him. He refused - unless I could show him a press pass.

Unfortunately, student journalists don't get press passes, and he wouldn't accept my college ID.
In fact, no Sheehan supporter would give his or her name, let alone talk. I had arrived with the Protest Warriors, but I carried no sign and wasn't acting obnoxiously conservative, unless an unmarked shirt and jeans scream conservatism. I had wanted to hear both sides. Instead, I was faced with considerable hostility.

Finally, a girl started talking to me - and she made a lot of sense. "Everybody has a right to be here," she said.

But before she could go any further, a man whispered to her: "They're Freepers. You don't need to be talking to them." A "Freeper" is a member of the online conservative news site FreeRepublic.com.

Then I met Gary Qualls, whose son was killed in the battle for Fallujah. He wore his son's boot tags and handed out information regarding his death. He received little media attention and was visibly upset when relating his son's story.

He also had to bear witness to his son's name on a cross set out by war protesters along the road.

Ms. Sheehan and her supporters are asking the media and the country to probe Mr. Bush with challenging and adversarial questions. But how can they expect Mr. Bush to answer, when they will not?

***

OPERATION WORD TO YOUR MOTHER

We're going to see if we can get them to answer. Next Saturday, Aug. 27th we'll be joining forces with MoveAmericaForward.org for a high noon showdown in Crawford to find out just what exactly these people find so unjust about establishing freedom and democracy in the Middle East so we don't have to be fighting wars for the next hundred years. If you'd like to get in on the action at Crawford, you can join a caravan that moveamericaforward.org is organizing, leaving San Francisco at 9:30am Monday August 22nd and set to arrive in Crawford, TX next Saturday for a rally between 1:00 and 3:00.

Details of the caravan route can be found on the MoveAmericaForward website. Cheer them on or join the caravan. The permitted space is at the Civic Center and both sides of the football stadium. This is located on East 4th Street, across the tracks from the main street in Crawford.

Sign up at the PW website if you'd like to join the operation.

Comments

TexasFred said…
Awesome, this *woman* is losing more ground all the time... I posted a pretty hot little rant in my Blog too... Great site you have here... Fred
Rena Bernard said…
Yeah, I've noticed a few on the Left disavowing her nonsense too. I'll check out your rant, Fred. I'm always in the mood for RIGHTeous indignation! ;) Thanks!

Dawn

Popular posts from this blog

Louisville Tea Party -- July 4, 2009

Help us make it known to Comrade Obama and his goons on Capitol Hill that July 4th is INdependence Day , not COdependence day! Louisville's patriots are throwing a TEA Party on Saturday, July 4th in Jefferson Square (6th and Jefferson) from 11am - 2pm. Hope to see you there!!

Friday Night with Hugh and Friends

The consummate Conservative host, Hugh Hewitt, and yours truly! Shameless of me to post this, I know; however, I'm too jazzed to care. :-p What a wonderful way to spend a Friday night! After an hour or so wandering through some of the exhibits at the Frazier Historical Arms Museum, I then got to spend three hours with Hugh Hewitt and 599 other fans of his show. I absolutely MUST say that not only was Hugh wonderful and the live show very entertaining, but his fans are absolutely the nicest people! I've seen other radio talk show s done live and mingled with fans of those shows. Hugh Hewitt's fans are the nicest, most down to earth, friendly people I've ever met. It's quite a credit to Hugh that he draws such a fan base. If you haven't been to the Frazier Historical Arms Museum here in Louisville, it's a must-see. The museum shows an amazing artistry with the exhibits and places them in the context of the times in a very entertaining and educationa

As the Blog Turns...

Gee. I have found myself fascinated by the soap opera unfolding in the comments section of this blog since last night. One little mention on a controversial Democrat's blog and it's High Noon on ConservaChick! (Yes, I'm laughing while I type this.) For those of you who have no idea what's happening in the ever-expanding comments section , join the club! Here's what I know about Mark Nickolas from bits and pieces I've read on his blog, and from a local news report: Nickolas likes to sneer at Republicans and call them snide little nicknames as he provides his "Unfiltered and Candid Look at Politics, Politicians and the Media in Kentucky;" he raised a ruckus within the Democrat party here in Kentucky by filing a suit against the chairman of the party , Jerry Lundergan; and he will be appearing on the same panel with yours truly on Thursday night. That's about it. You now have the benefit of my not-so-extensive knowledge on this subject. Nickolas poste