Skip to main content

Note to Scooter

Okay, Scooter, so you've been indicted by the grand jury convened in the Plame investigation. If you did what the indictment says you did then this ConservaChick believes you should be convicted. Just as with Clinton, I do not look kindly on obstructionists and liars at the top levels of my government. However, I heard Fitzgerald's statements on the radio today. You know what he never said? "We found out who 'outted' the 'undercover' CIA operative, Valerie Plame. That indictment is forthcoming." Hmmm. I wonder why he didn't say that? Wouldn't they have charged you with that if you had indeed been guilty of anything close to "outting" an undercover operative and endangering her and our national security?!

So, Scooter, if you did obstruct justice, etc. then I can't support you, dude; however, if you didn't do it, I hope to heck you fight these charges in court and embarrass the bejeezus out of Fitzgerald. As a matter of fact, I highly recommend well-known attorney, Brendan Sullivan. I hear that he "is NOT a potted plant."

Just so you know, Scooter, the rest of we Conservatives get to deal with our own level of nonsense on this issue from Liberals who are prone to disconnect with reality and run off into sweeping generalizations and hypocrisy the minute any "almost nearly but not quite" bad news hits the press -- I swear this is an actual email I received today:

"FROM: ******** [name withheld to protect the ignorant]
SUBJECT: One Down
MESSAGE:
Sorry, but Libby is just the first. I am both saddened and heartened by the turn of events. Saddened that individuals seem to think they can lie and manipulate the system, but heartened by the fact there are others who can and will bring them to task. Other than that how are you?
...end of message..."

Not to short you on the whole conversation, here's my response:

"to: ******
subject: re: One Down
sent: today! @ 5:16 pm

Why would you apologize to me about Libby? If he committed a crime, he should be charged and found guilty. Were you saddened when Clinton seemed to think that he could lie and manipulate the system? Were you heartened when there were others back then who can and did bring him to task? Really. Don't be a hypocrite!"

Just when I thought he might have gained a small toehold in the struggle back to reality...

"from: ********
subject: re: One Down
sent: today! @ 10:35 pm

Well honestly I was really angry at Clinton for lying. But, in the scheme of things his lies did not start a war based on lies. "

So, of course, yours truly had to point out a few facts...

"to: ********
subject:
re: One Down
sent: today! @ 10:45 pm

Excuse me? Even if Scooter Libby is charged and found guilty, his lies did not start a war. Your attitude is typical of uninformed Liberals who make sweeping generalizations as long as they suit your purposes. Look, I don't mind an actual give and take based on *fact* and curiosity about another's opinions but you're emailing me with B.S. based on Liberal talking points that don't have a single foot in the realm of fact or logic. Please don't email me with this nonsense anymore."

But wait, there's more! He couldn't stand to be dressed down without a reply:

"FROM: ********
SUBJECT: re: One Down
MESSAGE:
No you are right. It is merely endemic of the whole attitude of this administration. The president looked really quite shaken on tv this evening, I wonder what he knows that may be coming, stayed tuned.
...end of message..."

So, as you can see, Scooter, we're all suffering with you, dude. If the indictment is the B.S. that most of us figure it is, I hope you'll do us all a favor and duke this one out! For every Fitzgerald you have to defeat, we've got legions of idiots to battle... Good luck out there!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Louisville Tea Party -- July 4, 2009

Help us make it known to Comrade Obama and his goons on Capitol Hill that July 4th is INdependence Day , not COdependence day! Louisville's patriots are throwing a TEA Party on Saturday, July 4th in Jefferson Square (6th and Jefferson) from 11am - 2pm. Hope to see you there!!

Friday Night with Hugh and Friends

The consummate Conservative host, Hugh Hewitt, and yours truly! Shameless of me to post this, I know; however, I'm too jazzed to care. :-p What a wonderful way to spend a Friday night! After an hour or so wandering through some of the exhibits at the Frazier Historical Arms Museum, I then got to spend three hours with Hugh Hewitt and 599 other fans of his show. I absolutely MUST say that not only was Hugh wonderful and the live show very entertaining, but his fans are absolutely the nicest people! I've seen other radio talk show s done live and mingled with fans of those shows. Hugh Hewitt's fans are the nicest, most down to earth, friendly people I've ever met. It's quite a credit to Hugh that he draws such a fan base. If you haven't been to the Frazier Historical Arms Museum here in Louisville, it's a must-see. The museum shows an amazing artistry with the exhibits and places them in the context of the times in a very entertaining and educationa

As the Blog Turns...

Gee. I have found myself fascinated by the soap opera unfolding in the comments section of this blog since last night. One little mention on a controversial Democrat's blog and it's High Noon on ConservaChick! (Yes, I'm laughing while I type this.) For those of you who have no idea what's happening in the ever-expanding comments section , join the club! Here's what I know about Mark Nickolas from bits and pieces I've read on his blog, and from a local news report: Nickolas likes to sneer at Republicans and call them snide little nicknames as he provides his "Unfiltered and Candid Look at Politics, Politicians and the Media in Kentucky;" he raised a ruckus within the Democrat party here in Kentucky by filing a suit against the chairman of the party , Jerry Lundergan; and he will be appearing on the same panel with yours truly on Thursday night. That's about it. You now have the benefit of my not-so-extensive knowledge on this subject. Nickolas poste