Skip to main content

Random Questions

I'm not a Christian but I don't fear or begrudge anyone to worship as they please and *gasp* even to talk about their religion! Why are Liberals so extremely scared of Christians?

There is a giant gaping hole in our southern border. Many Conservatives are talking and acting on the issue. Why is my president so resistant to enforcing immigration laws? Why in the freakin' world would we leave this issue open for a smart Democrat (okay, oxymoron there!) to take the lead on?

In days gone by, people used to talk politics just like they'd talk about a Monday Night Football game. It seemed that folks used to view politics as a sport, a horse race where the best horse won. What in the heck ever happened to those days? It used to be fun. Why is it so emotionally-charged and nasty now?

I am so tired of Libs whining about the government (aka "society") not doing enough for people. What ever happened to families taking care of their own? What ever happened to small communities and churches looking out for those in need? When the heck did this country start endorsing the geographical, emotional distance within families? Why have so many people forsaken the family unit?

There is a get-together this coming Sunday for a political discussion group in which I participate. It was fun last time and I'm sure this one will be even better. I'm really proud of this group. It's probably the only one in existence where we can air the issues and not get overly emotional about them. The group reminds me of good old-fashioned "sports-like" political discussions. I think I'll have to air some of these questions there... we use the Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots to settle any disputes. Should be interesting!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is conscription the prescription?

US Representative, Charlie Rangel (D-NY) is at it again. Rangel's prescription for fixing the ills we're feeling in Iraq is a draft . I have very mixed feelings about this. Conscription is conscription no matter what you choose to label it. Is that appropriate in a free country? On the flip side of this coin, I've often thought that compulsory national service would be a great idea for American kids right out of high school. It might have been a better start for me than learning to down beer at a Liberal Arts university! Two years in the service might give kids time to think about their future, learn higher levels of responsibility, and begin to take life more seriously. There are many countries who require some level of mandatory military service: Belarus, Chile, China, Croatia, Serbia, Russia, Iran, Lebanon, our neighbor Mexico, and our old buddy Germany, to name a few. Gee, now that I look at that partial list... aren't many of those countries Socialist or at battl...

As the Blog Turns...

Gee. I have found myself fascinated by the soap opera unfolding in the comments section of this blog since last night. One little mention on a controversial Democrat's blog and it's High Noon on ConservaChick! (Yes, I'm laughing while I type this.) For those of you who have no idea what's happening in the ever-expanding comments section , join the club! Here's what I know about Mark Nickolas from bits and pieces I've read on his blog, and from a local news report: Nickolas likes to sneer at Republicans and call them snide little nicknames as he provides his "Unfiltered and Candid Look at Politics, Politicians and the Media in Kentucky;" he raised a ruckus within the Democrat party here in Kentucky by filing a suit against the chairman of the party , Jerry Lundergan; and he will be appearing on the same panel with yours truly on Thursday night. That's about it. You now have the benefit of my not-so-extensive knowledge on this subject. Nickolas poste...

New Party Catch Phrase

Howard Dean has asked The People's Cube to help craft a new catch phrase for the party. You can help ! And, with gems like these, you might want to act quickly before Dean picks one: If it ain't easy, it ain't workin'! Why is everyone else so stupid? Islamists don't cause war, stupid, our military does! While you're at The People's Cube, don't miss the new articles on meetings between the new Democrat leaders on the Hill and Al Qaeda. They are already hard at work solving the world's problems in a bipartisan way!