Skip to main content

Colonel "Cut and Run," How DARE You?!

I am furious. I have finally HAD IT! I have respected and honored every veteran I have ever met and those I have never met. I have done so because each of them (in my mind) was courageous and patriotic. I have been thankful for each and every veteran who has stood between me and the loss of my freedom and security. I have honored these brave men and women who have served in our Armed Forces in every way possible throughout my life. I intend to continue doing so; however, NOW my eyes are open.

Today, John Murtha has prompted me to rethink the respect that I automatically give to the opinions of those who have served. After a 37-year career in the US Marine Corps and experience in combat, I would have thought that this man, John Murtha, would recognize cowardice. I would have thought that this VETERAN would have no respect for the type of person he apparently is. He has absolutely NO respect for the intelligence and courage of the American people for whom he has personally stood guard during his career in The Corps.

Today, John Murtha slapped every last liberty-loving, patriotic and intelligent American in the face with a cold reality: We must NEVER assume that someone who has served in the Armed Forces is a patriot, is brave, and/or is intelligent enough to understand military strategy. NEVER ASSUME because, as John Murtha proved to me today, none of those assumptions are necessarily true.

John Murtha has not only turned his back on The Corps but he has spit on every last one of our brave men and women in uniform with his call to withdraw from Iraq and return home in defeat. He has challenged the right of every American to support a war if we have never fought in one. If he were a true Marine, he would NEVER have suggested that the Vice President is unqualified to question Murtha's opinions. Ladies and gentlemen, every single one of us is qualified to support the troops if we believe in the freedom and security of our nation; everyone of us is qualified and entitled to review the information about what led us to war and decide whether or not to support the on-going effort; everyone of us is qualified and was born with the right to call a man what he is, a coward, an idiot, an a political puppet.

How dare you, John Murtha?! In my eyes, this 37-year veteran of the Marine Corps is no better than the cowardly draft-dodgers who ran to Canada in the 1960s. Shame on you, citizen Murtha. You are no hero, despite your service in the Marine Corps. Veteran or not, your opinions are a disgrace to your country and to every right-minded American!

Comments

Anonymous said…
By "draft-dodging cowards of the 1970s," I assume you mean folks like George W. Bush, Dick Cheney, "Scooter" Libby, Paul Wolfowitz, and similar armchair patriots who have never sacrificed so much as a weekend of golf for their "beloved" country? Sounds like you're another one of those spineless Republicans eager to attach the patriostism of those who have actually served.
Rena Bernard said…
Well DHS, maybe I should have been more clear -- draft-dodgers RAN to Canada, they did not pursue other options that were available to them here in the States.

There were a number of good Americans who were deferred and who chose service in the National Guard. I dare you to tell a Guardsman that joining THAT branch of the military is "draft dodging!"

I'm tired of Leftists attacking my right to free speech. I disagree with a Marine who served 37 years and saw combat, that makes me SPINELESS?! Excuse me?

Contrary to popular belief, there are some who served their country and later caved into poor logic, bad political manuevering, and theatrics. You know, throw their medals over a fence and lose sight of what they were fighting for? Sound familiar?

I have a right to voice my opinion just as those on the Left do. For that, I thank men like Murtha who served our country. I am not ungrateful; That does not mean, however, that I must agree with everything any veteran says. Most vets will tell you that's what they were out there fighting for!

Col. Steve, that was amazing, wasn't it? Call for a unilateral withdrawl of our forces from Iraq and then vote against it! I think that simply shows the world that some games are being played with the future of our country and the future of the Middle East. I certainly don't appreciate the games going on up on the Hill right now.

Popular posts from this blog

Louisville Tea Party -- July 4, 2009

Help us make it known to Comrade Obama and his goons on Capitol Hill that July 4th is INdependence Day , not COdependence day! Louisville's patriots are throwing a TEA Party on Saturday, July 4th in Jefferson Square (6th and Jefferson) from 11am - 2pm. Hope to see you there!!

Friday Night with Hugh and Friends

The consummate Conservative host, Hugh Hewitt, and yours truly! Shameless of me to post this, I know; however, I'm too jazzed to care. :-p What a wonderful way to spend a Friday night! After an hour or so wandering through some of the exhibits at the Frazier Historical Arms Museum, I then got to spend three hours with Hugh Hewitt and 599 other fans of his show. I absolutely MUST say that not only was Hugh wonderful and the live show very entertaining, but his fans are absolutely the nicest people! I've seen other radio talk show s done live and mingled with fans of those shows. Hugh Hewitt's fans are the nicest, most down to earth, friendly people I've ever met. It's quite a credit to Hugh that he draws such a fan base. If you haven't been to the Frazier Historical Arms Museum here in Louisville, it's a must-see. The museum shows an amazing artistry with the exhibits and places them in the context of the times in a very entertaining and educationa

As the Blog Turns...

Gee. I have found myself fascinated by the soap opera unfolding in the comments section of this blog since last night. One little mention on a controversial Democrat's blog and it's High Noon on ConservaChick! (Yes, I'm laughing while I type this.) For those of you who have no idea what's happening in the ever-expanding comments section , join the club! Here's what I know about Mark Nickolas from bits and pieces I've read on his blog, and from a local news report: Nickolas likes to sneer at Republicans and call them snide little nicknames as he provides his "Unfiltered and Candid Look at Politics, Politicians and the Media in Kentucky;" he raised a ruckus within the Democrat party here in Kentucky by filing a suit against the chairman of the party , Jerry Lundergan; and he will be appearing on the same panel with yours truly on Thursday night. That's about it. You now have the benefit of my not-so-extensive knowledge on this subject. Nickolas poste