Skip to main content

Personal Notes

My apologies for being missing in action so often these past few weeks. Life. What a concept! I feel I've missed many opportunities for timely remarks and so I'll leave past events to the serious writers for commentary. However, I would like to catch up on a few personal bits of business...

Fair winds and following seas to a dear friend of this blog as he heads out for adventures on the high seas. The USS Ronald Reagan steamed out of San Diego this month for its regular six-month deployment. In an LA Times story about the send-off, Tony Perry gave us just a little glimpse into the hearts of our patriots of days past:

"Frank Leech, 56, an Army veteran of Vietnam, stood on the shore at Shelter Island, waving his American flag. He knows none of the sailors, but he had to be there.

'I want them to know that someone cares,' he said quietly as the Reagan moved slowly toward the open sea."

God bless you, Frank Leech, and all the other men and women who served our country in Vietnam. Thanks to men and women like you, today's warriors will not be forgotten nor will any of us allow them to be mistreated as you and your fellow warriors were all those years ago.

Be safe out there, Master Chief!

Now a sad announcement -- it seems that Louisville's Protest Warrior chapter has lost its will to live. It was fun while it lasted; it served a purpose for a time; however, having only Conservative members, we found it hard to rally the troops during working hours to stand down a bunch of silly old hippies. Evidently Liberals have loads of time on their hands because they organized events during the workday which many Conservatives do not willingly brush aside for street-level nonsense. As much as we enjoyed putting the Conservative view out on the street to oppose the Liberal circus, I do believe that most of us got tired of giving our all to the losing battle of logic over emotion. When it comes to the Left in this country there is no amount of logic that will overcome their desire to hate.

If someone in Louisville has the energy and the will to resurrect the chapter, please do! There are a few diehards amongst us who will make the time for counter-protests provided a leader steps up again to do the hard and time-consuming work of researching, organizing, and communicating. If you're interested, email me using the link on the blog and I'll forward you in the right direction.

I'm off to Orlando, Florida next week for a software convention. This particular convention is always informative and fun as well as a test of one's alcoholic stamina. I hope to learn lots and prove my stamina once again! ;-) If any among you will be at Lotusphere this year, email me. It would be fun to share a drink or ten with a fellow Conservative!

As a new (and now avid) user of the Firefox browser, I'd like to apologize to those of you who cannot read my blog because it doesn't display properly in the Firefox browser. When time permits (if it EVER does!), I will rework the blog layout so that it functions properly in Firefox.

Comments

Rena Bernard said…
It does display properly now but only when reading the blog as a whole. If you click on the link to a single post, it's way out of the left margin. Blah. Love Firefox but am beginning to realllllllly dislike Blogger. You'd think they'd be all over this! That's what I get for being to lazy to code my own page. ;-)

Popular posts from this blog

Louisville Tea Party -- July 4, 2009

Help us make it known to Comrade Obama and his goons on Capitol Hill that July 4th is INdependence Day , not COdependence day! Louisville's patriots are throwing a TEA Party on Saturday, July 4th in Jefferson Square (6th and Jefferson) from 11am - 2pm. Hope to see you there!!

Friday Night with Hugh and Friends

The consummate Conservative host, Hugh Hewitt, and yours truly! Shameless of me to post this, I know; however, I'm too jazzed to care. :-p What a wonderful way to spend a Friday night! After an hour or so wandering through some of the exhibits at the Frazier Historical Arms Museum, I then got to spend three hours with Hugh Hewitt and 599 other fans of his show. I absolutely MUST say that not only was Hugh wonderful and the live show very entertaining, but his fans are absolutely the nicest people! I've seen other radio talk show s done live and mingled with fans of those shows. Hugh Hewitt's fans are the nicest, most down to earth, friendly people I've ever met. It's quite a credit to Hugh that he draws such a fan base. If you haven't been to the Frazier Historical Arms Museum here in Louisville, it's a must-see. The museum shows an amazing artistry with the exhibits and places them in the context of the times in a very entertaining and educationa

As the Blog Turns...

Gee. I have found myself fascinated by the soap opera unfolding in the comments section of this blog since last night. One little mention on a controversial Democrat's blog and it's High Noon on ConservaChick! (Yes, I'm laughing while I type this.) For those of you who have no idea what's happening in the ever-expanding comments section , join the club! Here's what I know about Mark Nickolas from bits and pieces I've read on his blog, and from a local news report: Nickolas likes to sneer at Republicans and call them snide little nicknames as he provides his "Unfiltered and Candid Look at Politics, Politicians and the Media in Kentucky;" he raised a ruckus within the Democrat party here in Kentucky by filing a suit against the chairman of the party , Jerry Lundergan; and he will be appearing on the same panel with yours truly on Thursday night. That's about it. You now have the benefit of my not-so-extensive knowledge on this subject. Nickolas poste