Skip to main content

Brief Hiatus -- Joan Needs Us All

I'm sorry to say I'll be taking a short hiatus from the blog. The general opinion of those in my family who would know such things (doctors in the family) is that my mother is facing peritoneal cancer. I'll know more tomorrow after the biopsy but I've been briefed tonight to expect the worst. I don't feel the desire to focus on anything outside of this right now. As selfish as it sounds, politics and war seem too far away from me at this moment.

My family and I believe in the power of prayer. Christian prayer or non-Christian prayer makes no difference to us -- it's the collective power of people sending their wishes for good things for another that makes a huge difference. You see, I believe we all pray to the same God(s) -- in effect, the higher beings that live as a part of all of us; the higher part of ourselves and our fellow human beings, together they make a difference when focused on the same thing.

So, even though I'm a Conservative, I'm not too proud to ask that you make room in your heart, your thoughts, and your prayers for my Mom over the next few days.


Mom and Dad, New Year's Eve 2004

Her name is Joan. She's a wonderful woman with a heart of gold who has never met a stranger and has always had time for anyone in need, now needs your prayers and your well wishes. She will be undergoing surgery around 10am EDT tomorrow. If you have a free moment, please send her your best as I know she will hear it. She is attuned to these things and feels them deeply as do I.

Thank you all for your kindness and your support!

I hope to be back very soon...

Dawn

Comments

Kadnine said…
As selfish as it sounds, politics and war seem too far away from me at this moment.

Selfish? Not in the least! Some priorities have the benefit of not needing explanation.

You know? I've always lamented the fact that I don't resemble my parents much except in eye color. But the resemblance between you and your mom is uncanny!

Of course we'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Good luck and God bless.
Anonymous said…
Dawn, I have always percevied that your political ideals are rooted in a genuine concern for making the nation a better place to live for yourself, your family and your neighbors. So, it is only natural that you must now turn your full attention to those that most need your love and support. I wish your mother, you and your entire family solace, strength and health. She, and you all, will be in my thoughts.
Rena Bernard said…
Thank you all for your kind and caring words. I can't believe the outpouring of support my family and I have received since we got the news on Friday that Mom indeed has peritoneal cancer. We are very blessed with such wonderful friends. I count you all among them.

Kad, thanks for the wonderful compliment! I hope I look like her even more as I age because she gets hit on all the time at The Moose club! LOL She's always been beautiful to me and I'm grateful that you think I look so much like her!

Again, thank you all so very much. Your prayers supported us through a very difficult time this weekend.

Hugs,
Dawn
Anonymous said…
I hope your mom is doing well. My prayers are with her.
Anonymous said…
Thank you so much, Joaniela! My Mom's cancer is now in remission and we're crossing our fingers that it stays that way. Your prayers are very much appreciated!

Popular posts from this blog

Louisville Tea Party -- July 4, 2009

Help us make it known to Comrade Obama and his goons on Capitol Hill that July 4th is INdependence Day , not COdependence day! Louisville's patriots are throwing a TEA Party on Saturday, July 4th in Jefferson Square (6th and Jefferson) from 11am - 2pm. Hope to see you there!!

Friday Night with Hugh and Friends

The consummate Conservative host, Hugh Hewitt, and yours truly! Shameless of me to post this, I know; however, I'm too jazzed to care. :-p What a wonderful way to spend a Friday night! After an hour or so wandering through some of the exhibits at the Frazier Historical Arms Museum, I then got to spend three hours with Hugh Hewitt and 599 other fans of his show. I absolutely MUST say that not only was Hugh wonderful and the live show very entertaining, but his fans are absolutely the nicest people! I've seen other radio talk show s done live and mingled with fans of those shows. Hugh Hewitt's fans are the nicest, most down to earth, friendly people I've ever met. It's quite a credit to Hugh that he draws such a fan base. If you haven't been to the Frazier Historical Arms Museum here in Louisville, it's a must-see. The museum shows an amazing artistry with the exhibits and places them in the context of the times in a very entertaining and educationa

As the Blog Turns...

Gee. I have found myself fascinated by the soap opera unfolding in the comments section of this blog since last night. One little mention on a controversial Democrat's blog and it's High Noon on ConservaChick! (Yes, I'm laughing while I type this.) For those of you who have no idea what's happening in the ever-expanding comments section , join the club! Here's what I know about Mark Nickolas from bits and pieces I've read on his blog, and from a local news report: Nickolas likes to sneer at Republicans and call them snide little nicknames as he provides his "Unfiltered and Candid Look at Politics, Politicians and the Media in Kentucky;" he raised a ruckus within the Democrat party here in Kentucky by filing a suit against the chairman of the party , Jerry Lundergan; and he will be appearing on the same panel with yours truly on Thursday night. That's about it. You now have the benefit of my not-so-extensive knowledge on this subject. Nickolas poste