Skip to main content

Anticipating "The Path to 9/11"

The reputation of the networks lately for their "objective" reporting has been, at best, thrashed by their inattention to corroborating sources, their leap to imagination, and their obvious bias against Conservatives and this administration. So, it surprised me to hear so many good things about the upcoming ABC mini-series "The Path to 9/11."

I am eagerly anticipating this television event. Reviews by Conservatives in the media (here's just one of the many) have ranged from fair to great based on the pre-screening they received from ABC Entertainment. It's my feeling that no matter how the events are portrayed, even in the embellished scenes, this is a mini-series that needs to be presented to the American people.

Even those most of us can remember exactly where we were and what we were doing when we heard the first news of the events that day, it's apparent that most Americans have lost their memory of the years leading up to the tragedy on 9/11. It seems to me that too many of my fellow citizens view the atrocity committed by Islamic terrorists that day in a vacuum as though it was the only incident to prompt the war we are now waging for our way of life, for our liberty.

Listening to Jed Babbin (filling in for Hugh Hewitt tonight) on my way home from work, it certainly sounds as though the "Clintonistas," the Democrats on the Hill, and many Leftwing organizations have raised such a ruckus over the film that ABC is now editing it. That's a shame.

From what I understand, the mini-series was built around facts uncovered during the 9/11 Commission's hearings and published in their report. History is what it is, folks. Even with some embellishment for the sake of maintaining a dramatic presentation, the major facts about the years leading up to 9/11 are well-documented public knowledge. Those facts cannot be changed by threats and complaints. Only a piece of dramatic television art can be changed; if ABC is actually editing this mini-series for that reason then that, my friends, is a shame indeed.

Even though I'd like to complain about ABC bending to the will of the major players in the Clinton administration, I cannot. Putting myself in the shoes of these network executives, I imagine that they may just be hedging their bets to protect themselves from a future that I hope never comes to pass, one in which Mrs. Clinton and her administration may be appointing FCC watchdogs. We all know how the Clintons treat their enemies, don't we?

I find myself eagerly anticipating the mini-series even with the rumors of editing. It's time for a refresher in history for the American people. There is no better way to educate those who admire the media (and it's stars) than by the presentation of a compelling mini-series based on historical facts.

I will certainly be in front of the TV tuned to ABC on Sunday, September 10th at 8pm and on Monday, September 11th at 8pm. Thank you, ABC, for having the courage to remind us all that there are consequences for every inaction as well as every action. I believe the intention is good; I hope the mini-series is even better!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Louisville Tea Party -- July 4, 2009

Help us make it known to Comrade Obama and his goons on Capitol Hill that July 4th is INdependence Day , not COdependence day! Louisville's patriots are throwing a TEA Party on Saturday, July 4th in Jefferson Square (6th and Jefferson) from 11am - 2pm. Hope to see you there!!

Friday Night with Hugh and Friends

The consummate Conservative host, Hugh Hewitt, and yours truly! Shameless of me to post this, I know; however, I'm too jazzed to care. :-p What a wonderful way to spend a Friday night! After an hour or so wandering through some of the exhibits at the Frazier Historical Arms Museum, I then got to spend three hours with Hugh Hewitt and 599 other fans of his show. I absolutely MUST say that not only was Hugh wonderful and the live show very entertaining, but his fans are absolutely the nicest people! I've seen other radio talk show s done live and mingled with fans of those shows. Hugh Hewitt's fans are the nicest, most down to earth, friendly people I've ever met. It's quite a credit to Hugh that he draws such a fan base. If you haven't been to the Frazier Historical Arms Museum here in Louisville, it's a must-see. The museum shows an amazing artistry with the exhibits and places them in the context of the times in a very entertaining and educationa

As the Blog Turns...

Gee. I have found myself fascinated by the soap opera unfolding in the comments section of this blog since last night. One little mention on a controversial Democrat's blog and it's High Noon on ConservaChick! (Yes, I'm laughing while I type this.) For those of you who have no idea what's happening in the ever-expanding comments section , join the club! Here's what I know about Mark Nickolas from bits and pieces I've read on his blog, and from a local news report: Nickolas likes to sneer at Republicans and call them snide little nicknames as he provides his "Unfiltered and Candid Look at Politics, Politicians and the Media in Kentucky;" he raised a ruckus within the Democrat party here in Kentucky by filing a suit against the chairman of the party , Jerry Lundergan; and he will be appearing on the same panel with yours truly on Thursday night. That's about it. You now have the benefit of my not-so-extensive knowledge on this subject. Nickolas poste