Skip to main content

The Cheney Charm

Vice President Cheney was in Prospect, Kentucky for a private fundraiser this week. After a very important stop at Fort Campbell, Kentucky to address our brave men and women in uniform, he visited our little neck of the woods in support of Congressman Geoff Davis's campaign. I was fortunate enough to be invited to the private event. (Thank you, Fred!!)

The fundraiser was hosted at a private home with a crowd of probably 200-250 people in attendance. Our weather was less than hospitable Monday evening so the turnout may have even been less than expected. The rain poured, the wind blew, but you certainly couldn't have kept me away!

I must say that after having been there, electrified and in awe of the magnitude of being so close to someone so important in American history, it's an absolute shame that every American doesn't easily come by the opportunity to see the Vice President in person. His humility, humor, and intelligence are immediately evident from the time he enters the room. With a deep booming no-nonsense voice, you would expect him to cut right to the chase and say exactly what he means. Guess what? That's exactly what he does. The interesting thing about him though is that he interjects just the right turn of phrase at times when you least expect such subtle humor. What a wonderful speaker! It certainly made me proud to be a Conservative and proud to have supported this man and our President in both major elections.



Some of us were eager to find a spot up front while others were still mingling.


The Vice President spoke about national issues but more importantly, in this run up to the mid-term elections, he expressed his thanks for the great job that Congressman Davis has done in a short time on the Hill. The House of Representatives has done a terrific job supporting Conservative values with respect to the economy, the war, and illegal immigration and Davis has been a big part of that. I'm very proud to be a consituent of his knowing that my voice will be heard through him.



Congressman Davis introduced a man who needed no introduction.



He speaks with conviction and a no-nonsense style -- a true Conservative!



As he left the podium, he paused just at the corner of the crowd and reached out to shake a few hands. As luck would have it, he paused right in front of where I was standing. I reached out and shook his hand and thanked him for all of his hard work. It felt so nice to be able to say that to a good man who's been so sorely mistreated by the Liberals in this country! I swore I wouldn't wash that hand again after that historic brush with greatness. I must admit though, I have since caved in on that oath... I'm no slob. After all, I have pictures to remember the moment, don't I?

Comments

Jefferson said…
Lucky! I wanted to shake his hand so bad.

About that 1% thing: I'm not sure. I kind of doubt there is a great plan, and even if there is, I'm not sure that it would be a great idea. I mean, probably, but maybe not. I'm just not sure about that. I was pleased with my basic message, though, and thanks for your compliments.
Anonymous said…
ConservaChick - My wife and I were there too - at the opposite side of the tent (I was the person wearing the red "Red States USA" Nat'l Review ballcap.) I told Lucianne Goldberg, who runs Lucianne.com and is the mother of Jonah Goldberg of Nta'l Review, that I would be wearing the cap. She's good friends with Tony Snow, the Press Secretary, who in turn told the V.P. there would be an "Ldotter" in the crowd wearing a cap. He must've known - he kept turning in my direction to look at me!
Rena Bernard said…
So that was you, Ray? The "Pajama Pack?" Wish I had known! I've loved the blog but never had a face to put with it, of course, so I missed the opportunity to say hello! Dang it!

Are you writing another blog now? Noticed the Pajama Pack blog had gone a bit less than current...

It was an awesome experience seeing the Vice President, wasn't it? He's more humble and funny in person than the media portrays him. Truly a unique experience in my life. So close to such brilliance! Amazing...

Popular posts from this blog

Louisville Tea Party -- July 4, 2009

Help us make it known to Comrade Obama and his goons on Capitol Hill that July 4th is INdependence Day , not COdependence day! Louisville's patriots are throwing a TEA Party on Saturday, July 4th in Jefferson Square (6th and Jefferson) from 11am - 2pm. Hope to see you there!!

Friday Night with Hugh and Friends

The consummate Conservative host, Hugh Hewitt, and yours truly! Shameless of me to post this, I know; however, I'm too jazzed to care. :-p What a wonderful way to spend a Friday night! After an hour or so wandering through some of the exhibits at the Frazier Historical Arms Museum, I then got to spend three hours with Hugh Hewitt and 599 other fans of his show. I absolutely MUST say that not only was Hugh wonderful and the live show very entertaining, but his fans are absolutely the nicest people! I've seen other radio talk show s done live and mingled with fans of those shows. Hugh Hewitt's fans are the nicest, most down to earth, friendly people I've ever met. It's quite a credit to Hugh that he draws such a fan base. If you haven't been to the Frazier Historical Arms Museum here in Louisville, it's a must-see. The museum shows an amazing artistry with the exhibits and places them in the context of the times in a very entertaining and educationa

As the Blog Turns...

Gee. I have found myself fascinated by the soap opera unfolding in the comments section of this blog since last night. One little mention on a controversial Democrat's blog and it's High Noon on ConservaChick! (Yes, I'm laughing while I type this.) For those of you who have no idea what's happening in the ever-expanding comments section , join the club! Here's what I know about Mark Nickolas from bits and pieces I've read on his blog, and from a local news report: Nickolas likes to sneer at Republicans and call them snide little nicknames as he provides his "Unfiltered and Candid Look at Politics, Politicians and the Media in Kentucky;" he raised a ruckus within the Democrat party here in Kentucky by filing a suit against the chairman of the party , Jerry Lundergan; and he will be appearing on the same panel with yours truly on Thursday night. That's about it. You now have the benefit of my not-so-extensive knowledge on this subject. Nickolas poste