Skip to main content

Downard for Mayor

Now that I live just outside of Louisville, I'm in a different political environment; more Conservative and more to my liking than Jefferson County (Louisville Metro). Even though I'm now an "outsider," what happens in Louisville Metro has a substantial impact on those of us in uber-suburbia. I fully support Kelly Downard for Mayor and I hope that every Louisvillian will take a serious look at him before simply voting for a name they recognize on the ballot.

Kelly Downard is a smart and accomplished individual who will have a huge positive impact on Louisville Metro and the surrounding areas should Louisvillians pull their heads out of their arses and vote for change in their fine city. He is no-nonsense but friendly about it. He gets business done and business is what Louisville sorely needs now. You can have all the nice parts and entertainment venues you like but without local jobs who will be there to enjoy them?

For too long, Louisville's current administration has been focused on "feel good" things like parks and entertainment venues while violent crime has risen to startling heights and police and firefighters struggle with being underfunded and undermanned. The city is going to hell in an eco-friendly handbasket and Abramson will be playing the fiddle while the city burns if Louisvillians don't wise up. He'll be smiling and waving and talking about his next park project while firefighters try to put out the fire. I wouldn't blame a single one of them for flipping him the bird while fighting the fires he's let burn for far too long. Abramson enjoys a wealth of name recognition and charisma but doesn't every air-headed cheerleader need those qualities?... Louisville certainly deserves and requires REAL leadership. I hope they think about that on Election Day.

I wish Downard's campaign ads were more polished and sophisticated; however, the messages are dead on target about what's wrong with the current "leadership" in Louisville and that's important. The following ad is my favorite. Do the right thing for your city, Louisvillians. Good luck, Kelly!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is conscription the prescription?

US Representative, Charlie Rangel (D-NY) is at it again. Rangel's prescription for fixing the ills we're feeling in Iraq is a draft . I have very mixed feelings about this. Conscription is conscription no matter what you choose to label it. Is that appropriate in a free country? On the flip side of this coin, I've often thought that compulsory national service would be a great idea for American kids right out of high school. It might have been a better start for me than learning to down beer at a Liberal Arts university! Two years in the service might give kids time to think about their future, learn higher levels of responsibility, and begin to take life more seriously. There are many countries who require some level of mandatory military service: Belarus, Chile, China, Croatia, Serbia, Russia, Iran, Lebanon, our neighbor Mexico, and our old buddy Germany, to name a few. Gee, now that I look at that partial list... aren't many of those countries Socialist or at battl...

As the Blog Turns...

Gee. I have found myself fascinated by the soap opera unfolding in the comments section of this blog since last night. One little mention on a controversial Democrat's blog and it's High Noon on ConservaChick! (Yes, I'm laughing while I type this.) For those of you who have no idea what's happening in the ever-expanding comments section , join the club! Here's what I know about Mark Nickolas from bits and pieces I've read on his blog, and from a local news report: Nickolas likes to sneer at Republicans and call them snide little nicknames as he provides his "Unfiltered and Candid Look at Politics, Politicians and the Media in Kentucky;" he raised a ruckus within the Democrat party here in Kentucky by filing a suit against the chairman of the party , Jerry Lundergan; and he will be appearing on the same panel with yours truly on Thursday night. That's about it. You now have the benefit of my not-so-extensive knowledge on this subject. Nickolas poste...

New Party Catch Phrase

Howard Dean has asked The People's Cube to help craft a new catch phrase for the party. You can help ! And, with gems like these, you might want to act quickly before Dean picks one: If it ain't easy, it ain't workin'! Why is everyone else so stupid? Islamists don't cause war, stupid, our military does! While you're at The People's Cube, don't miss the new articles on meetings between the new Democrat leaders on the Hill and Al Qaeda. They are already hard at work solving the world's problems in a bipartisan way!