Skip to main content

The Painting Journalist

While at the Louisville chapter of the SPJ program on Thursday night, I was pleased to make the acquaintance of a fellow blogger named Ashley Cecil. She produces an amazing blog by combining her love for painting with journalistic endeavors.

While describing what she does, she uses the term "social justice" to describe what she hopes to highlight on her blog. I cringe at that phrase because, truth be told, social justice is most often harshly metered by Darwinistic human apathy. I would simply call what she does an artistic approach to invoking human kindness. No political party on this planet has the market cornered on encouraging human kindness; therefore, I see her efforts as outside of typical political partisanship.

You absolutely MUST visit her blog, "The Painting Journalist." The tagline is "describing the world with a paintbrush;" however, she is describing the world firsthand with a flair for words as well as for the paintbrush. I do believe she is unaware of her way with words. Her stories and her art are more magazine quality than blog quality. Her paintings are for sale and she donates some of that money to charitable organizations.

What an amazing and noteworthy blog she has created! As she succeeds in writing and painting her world, she brings us all forward as kinder human beings. I wish Ashley all the best in making her blog a rewarding fulltime endeavor.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is conscription the prescription?

US Representative, Charlie Rangel (D-NY) is at it again. Rangel's prescription for fixing the ills we're feeling in Iraq is a draft . I have very mixed feelings about this. Conscription is conscription no matter what you choose to label it. Is that appropriate in a free country? On the flip side of this coin, I've often thought that compulsory national service would be a great idea for American kids right out of high school. It might have been a better start for me than learning to down beer at a Liberal Arts university! Two years in the service might give kids time to think about their future, learn higher levels of responsibility, and begin to take life more seriously. There are many countries who require some level of mandatory military service: Belarus, Chile, China, Croatia, Serbia, Russia, Iran, Lebanon, our neighbor Mexico, and our old buddy Germany, to name a few. Gee, now that I look at that partial list... aren't many of those countries Socialist or at battl...

As the Blog Turns...

Gee. I have found myself fascinated by the soap opera unfolding in the comments section of this blog since last night. One little mention on a controversial Democrat's blog and it's High Noon on ConservaChick! (Yes, I'm laughing while I type this.) For those of you who have no idea what's happening in the ever-expanding comments section , join the club! Here's what I know about Mark Nickolas from bits and pieces I've read on his blog, and from a local news report: Nickolas likes to sneer at Republicans and call them snide little nicknames as he provides his "Unfiltered and Candid Look at Politics, Politicians and the Media in Kentucky;" he raised a ruckus within the Democrat party here in Kentucky by filing a suit against the chairman of the party , Jerry Lundergan; and he will be appearing on the same panel with yours truly on Thursday night. That's about it. You now have the benefit of my not-so-extensive knowledge on this subject. Nickolas poste...

New Party Catch Phrase

Howard Dean has asked The People's Cube to help craft a new catch phrase for the party. You can help ! And, with gems like these, you might want to act quickly before Dean picks one: If it ain't easy, it ain't workin'! Why is everyone else so stupid? Islamists don't cause war, stupid, our military does! While you're at The People's Cube, don't miss the new articles on meetings between the new Democrat leaders on the Hill and Al Qaeda. They are already hard at work solving the world's problems in a bipartisan way!