Skip to main content

Gathering of Eagles III

Mark and I couldn't be in DC this weekend to be a part of the Gathering of Eagles III but we were with them in spirit.

Apparently, the coverage of the Eagles' rally was a little broader and more fair-minded than the coverage that pro-victory rallies traditionally receive. What a refreshing change! Way to go, Eagles! I was surprised to find this paragraph in a piece on the WashingtonPost.com site:
[...] Another speaker, Joe Johnson, described how his son was killed by an IED after
only 10 days in Baghdad. "I'm so very proud of him," Johnson said. "I just wish
I had the chance to tell him."Shouts from all across the crowd told Johnson, "He
knows." [...]
Watch Chris Hill's speech from the Gathering of Eagles rally on September 15th -- he says it all so well and with such passion. He certainly speaks for me here.



Here are links to the 3-part video of the event from YouTube:
Part 1
Part 2

Part 3

Notice all the mass-produced yellow signs carried by the ANSWER protesters? Those are the same signs used at every ANSWER protest. This group buses people in from all over and then hands them the signs and the talking points. There are a very few in the crowd who actually have a clue what they're talking about and they are the chant leaders. The chants are as standard as those yellow signs.

If you listen closely you can hear some of those trite old chants, one of which is "This is what democracy looks like." If ANSWER protests are "democracy," I'm the queen of freakin' Egypt. Their protests are nothing more than Communist group-think propaganda festivals organized by the puppetmasters at ANSWER. It's so Orwellian. I am constantly amazed at the way in which they can turn that around and call the pro-victory crowd "fascists." Grrrr. Watching these videos sure makes me wish I had been there this weekend!

I ran into this video clip on YouTube and I'm happy to see that DC is taking the law seriously and FINALLY fining ANSWER for the trash with which it litters DC -- seriously, you ought to see the trash they leave behind after their rallies and marches. It's shameful.



Congratulations on another GREAT operation, Eagles!! Please help support their mission, folks. It's imperative that we support our troops by supporting victory.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Louisville Tea Party -- July 4, 2009

Help us make it known to Comrade Obama and his goons on Capitol Hill that July 4th is INdependence Day , not COdependence day! Louisville's patriots are throwing a TEA Party on Saturday, July 4th in Jefferson Square (6th and Jefferson) from 11am - 2pm. Hope to see you there!!

Friday Night with Hugh and Friends

The consummate Conservative host, Hugh Hewitt, and yours truly! Shameless of me to post this, I know; however, I'm too jazzed to care. :-p What a wonderful way to spend a Friday night! After an hour or so wandering through some of the exhibits at the Frazier Historical Arms Museum, I then got to spend three hours with Hugh Hewitt and 599 other fans of his show. I absolutely MUST say that not only was Hugh wonderful and the live show very entertaining, but his fans are absolutely the nicest people! I've seen other radio talk show s done live and mingled with fans of those shows. Hugh Hewitt's fans are the nicest, most down to earth, friendly people I've ever met. It's quite a credit to Hugh that he draws such a fan base. If you haven't been to the Frazier Historical Arms Museum here in Louisville, it's a must-see. The museum shows an amazing artistry with the exhibits and places them in the context of the times in a very entertaining and educationa

As the Blog Turns...

Gee. I have found myself fascinated by the soap opera unfolding in the comments section of this blog since last night. One little mention on a controversial Democrat's blog and it's High Noon on ConservaChick! (Yes, I'm laughing while I type this.) For those of you who have no idea what's happening in the ever-expanding comments section , join the club! Here's what I know about Mark Nickolas from bits and pieces I've read on his blog, and from a local news report: Nickolas likes to sneer at Republicans and call them snide little nicknames as he provides his "Unfiltered and Candid Look at Politics, Politicians and the Media in Kentucky;" he raised a ruckus within the Democrat party here in Kentucky by filing a suit against the chairman of the party , Jerry Lundergan; and he will be appearing on the same panel with yours truly on Thursday night. That's about it. You now have the benefit of my not-so-extensive knowledge on this subject. Nickolas poste