Skip to main content

McCain Gets It!

I've been listening to the pundits yammer on and on about how Senator McCain's decision to suspend his campaign was silly. It was grandstanding. Well, this ConservaChick is proud of Senator McCain for wanting to get back to DC and focus on the job he was elected to do. Apparently, none of the pundits get it but this time on this particular point, John McCain GETS IT! I couldn't be prouder of him!

Granted, working on legislation to provide taxpayer funds to bailout the mortgage industry isn't my idea of time well-spent but if Senator McCain works AGAINST the bailout then I will stand and applaud for sure! His true Conservatism could certainly come shining through and do so against the Bush administration for a change. Then who would be the RINO, eh? *cough*W*cough*

Government has absolutely no business nationalizing the mortgage industry. Ever. Period. If you bought into the Democrat's idea of helping the "little guy" buy a house even though he couldn't afford the mortgage, then you're a dope. You probably do think it's up to the government to buy the paper that will be no good when the "little guy" defaults. It certainly sounds noble. Seems like a proper result. After all, the federal government did something stupid (as usual); they legislated good intentions without considering the consequences. Hey, another day, another dopey poorly thought out bill, right?

Well here's the problem, folks:

Freakish interpretations by the Court of Imminent Domain
+
Federally nationalized mortgages without taxpayer consent
=
Government control of your hearth & home.

That ought to send chills right up your freakin' spine. It certainly does mine. It's absolutely fascist and Orwellian.

"But hey, ConservaChick, you don't get it! The Government (note that capital "G") could turn trillions of dollars in profits. We could end up paying less in taxes and get a nice shareholder dividend check!"

Oh man, that's hilarious. I'm laughing so hard, I can barely type!! Stop it; you're killin' me! That's just precious! I mean, yeah, I can be an optimist at times but that's just really reaching for blue skies and rainbows!

I am completely and totally against any sort of bailout; however, I am totally in favor of Senator McCain's dedication to his REAL job. I am proud to see at least one elected official display a total comprehension that, even though there's a presidential campaign underway, he is being paid by the people to attend to the people's business and not just to his campaign.

Nice job, Senator. Keep up the good work and don't listen to the boneheads who don't get it. ConservaChick truly appreciates the fact that you get it. Explain it to the rest of our employees while you're in DC, would you? ...and if they get it, we can work on the Kentucky legislature!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Louisville Tea Party -- July 4, 2009

Help us make it known to Comrade Obama and his goons on Capitol Hill that July 4th is INdependence Day , not COdependence day! Louisville's patriots are throwing a TEA Party on Saturday, July 4th in Jefferson Square (6th and Jefferson) from 11am - 2pm. Hope to see you there!!

Friday Night with Hugh and Friends

The consummate Conservative host, Hugh Hewitt, and yours truly! Shameless of me to post this, I know; however, I'm too jazzed to care. :-p What a wonderful way to spend a Friday night! After an hour or so wandering through some of the exhibits at the Frazier Historical Arms Museum, I then got to spend three hours with Hugh Hewitt and 599 other fans of his show. I absolutely MUST say that not only was Hugh wonderful and the live show very entertaining, but his fans are absolutely the nicest people! I've seen other radio talk show s done live and mingled with fans of those shows. Hugh Hewitt's fans are the nicest, most down to earth, friendly people I've ever met. It's quite a credit to Hugh that he draws such a fan base. If you haven't been to the Frazier Historical Arms Museum here in Louisville, it's a must-see. The museum shows an amazing artistry with the exhibits and places them in the context of the times in a very entertaining and educationa

As the Blog Turns...

Gee. I have found myself fascinated by the soap opera unfolding in the comments section of this blog since last night. One little mention on a controversial Democrat's blog and it's High Noon on ConservaChick! (Yes, I'm laughing while I type this.) For those of you who have no idea what's happening in the ever-expanding comments section , join the club! Here's what I know about Mark Nickolas from bits and pieces I've read on his blog, and from a local news report: Nickolas likes to sneer at Republicans and call them snide little nicknames as he provides his "Unfiltered and Candid Look at Politics, Politicians and the Media in Kentucky;" he raised a ruckus within the Democrat party here in Kentucky by filing a suit against the chairman of the party , Jerry Lundergan; and he will be appearing on the same panel with yours truly on Thursday night. That's about it. You now have the benefit of my not-so-extensive knowledge on this subject. Nickolas poste