Skip to main content

Federal Government Gone Wild!

I keep expecting to see a late night advertisement for a DVD called "Federal Government Gone Wild!" with members of Congress lifting their blouses or dropping trou and yelling "Woooohoooo!" as they chug beer on Spring Break... $19.95.

Sad, isn't it? 2009 is fast becoming the year of Federal Government Gone Wild.

Look, I'm a simple person. When I have a limited amount of income and my expenses grow, I start to look at what I can cut out of my budget to make up the difference until I can increase my income. Right? It's simple household budgeting. Our Federal government likes to pretend that it has more options than that. China can loan us more money... we can print more money... etc. We would be in BIG trouble if we, as individual Americans tried to exercise either of those options, wouldn't we?

In a mere three months the Federal government has: (1) given unconstitutional authority to the tax-evading Treasury Secretary to dole out billions of dollars in taxpayer monies to private sector businesses while bureaucrats (who have never run a private sector company) review business plans and toss the property rights of shareholders aside to run the companies that take the bail-out money; (2) crammed "porkulus"/stimulus dollars down the throats of state governors who don't need or want the strings that are attached to those dollars to throttle the economic development of their states; and, (3) dictated the definition of "right wing extremism" to the media and law enforcement agencies so that anyone who disagrees with a Liberal is an extremist.

I don't know about you but I'm just about scared these days to express an opinion. But, if that's what my freedom of speech has come to then I'll take whatever comes my way as long as I know I've said my part. I know that our Founding Fathers would have it no other way than for those of us left in the trenches to monitor the slow eradication of our freedoms to shout and sound the alarm.

For Americans who are tired of the Federal government growing bigger and bigger before our very eyes as it absorbs and annihilates the private sector and free enterprise, as it forces governors to accept Federal bail-out/porkulus dollars, and as it labels those of us with differing political opinions as "extremists," it's time for a new American Tea Party!



Even though this Tea Party day isn't truly about taxation -- it's actually more about a Federal government that is totally out of control -- the message should be heard loud and clear. Some of us are paying attention and are determined to ride through towns all over this country sounding the alarm.

Tomorrow - drop what you're doing and attend a Tea Party. Trust me, you will feel good about being there to physically represent what you value about our country and to protest the looting of America. Sharing a voice with others who resent the intrustion of the Federal government into American "free" markets, into American property rights, and American freedoms is an invigorating thing!

Don't kid yourself... it WILL make a difference if you are not there. There will be one less American standing up for the US Constitution, for the principle of limited Federal government, for the freedom of speech for which this country has always stood. Be there or be square.

Louisville KY's Tea Party will be from 11am - Noon in Jefferson Square (6th and Jefferson St.) downtown. There's also one in Lexington and Frankfort.

If you can't attend a Tea Party in your hometown, feel free to send a virtual Tea Bag to Washington, DC via the GOP Tea Party website. (For the record: I believe the GOP has been just as the Dems of growing the Federal government but I'll avail myself of this site if I can't get to an actual protest in person tomorrow.)

Other sites to visit for more information:

Stop Spending Our Future
Americans for Prosperity
New American Tea Party

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Louisville Tea Party -- July 4, 2009

Help us make it known to Comrade Obama and his goons on Capitol Hill that July 4th is INdependence Day , not COdependence day! Louisville's patriots are throwing a TEA Party on Saturday, July 4th in Jefferson Square (6th and Jefferson) from 11am - 2pm. Hope to see you there!!

Friday Night with Hugh and Friends

The consummate Conservative host, Hugh Hewitt, and yours truly! Shameless of me to post this, I know; however, I'm too jazzed to care. :-p What a wonderful way to spend a Friday night! After an hour or so wandering through some of the exhibits at the Frazier Historical Arms Museum, I then got to spend three hours with Hugh Hewitt and 599 other fans of his show. I absolutely MUST say that not only was Hugh wonderful and the live show very entertaining, but his fans are absolutely the nicest people! I've seen other radio talk show s done live and mingled with fans of those shows. Hugh Hewitt's fans are the nicest, most down to earth, friendly people I've ever met. It's quite a credit to Hugh that he draws such a fan base. If you haven't been to the Frazier Historical Arms Museum here in Louisville, it's a must-see. The museum shows an amazing artistry with the exhibits and places them in the context of the times in a very entertaining and educationa

As the Blog Turns...

Gee. I have found myself fascinated by the soap opera unfolding in the comments section of this blog since last night. One little mention on a controversial Democrat's blog and it's High Noon on ConservaChick! (Yes, I'm laughing while I type this.) For those of you who have no idea what's happening in the ever-expanding comments section , join the club! Here's what I know about Mark Nickolas from bits and pieces I've read on his blog, and from a local news report: Nickolas likes to sneer at Republicans and call them snide little nicknames as he provides his "Unfiltered and Candid Look at Politics, Politicians and the Media in Kentucky;" he raised a ruckus within the Democrat party here in Kentucky by filing a suit against the chairman of the party , Jerry Lundergan; and he will be appearing on the same panel with yours truly on Thursday night. That's about it. You now have the benefit of my not-so-extensive knowledge on this subject. Nickolas poste