Skip to main content

Human as Experimental Subject!

I am either proud or mortified (not sure which just yet) to report that my little weblog has been selected as one of 5000 specifically requested to participate in a study being conducted by MIT. I am now officially a "Human as Experimental Subject."

"This is a general social survey of the greater weblog community being conducted at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Our goal is to help understand the way that weblogs are affecting the way we communicate with each other. Specifically we are interested in issues of demographics, communication behaviors, experience with weblogs and other technology, and the meaning of various types of social links within the blogosphere."

Judging from some of the questions posed, I believe there must be an impression out there in the world that we webloggers live our lives primarily online! I had to chuckle about answering whether I met a certain type of person "online" or "offline." Are there blogosphere block parties going on without an invitation coming my way? Should I be offended? What am I missing? ;-)

The study is open to volunteers as well, so if you have a weblog and would like to participate visit MIT's Blog Survey website. Results for the study will be posted to the same website (blogsurvey.media.mit.edu) as soon as the study ends and the results are compiled, probably sometime in mid-July.

Comments

Kadnine said…
"Are there blogosphere block parties going on without an invitation coming my way?"

I was actually thinking of putting out an invite for a get together of some sort over on the coalition. I've only met one coalition member face to face, but of course, you remember how cold that overpass was.

What do you think? Now that the weather is warmer, should we have a block party?
Rena Bernard said…
Boy howdy! That was one cold and windy day, wasn't it?! I still hold dear the feeling of jubilation when we heard the honks both in front of us on the interstate and behind us on Browns Lane! Too much fun!

I'd love to have a CC get-together. That's a great idea! I live in a one-bedroom apartment so the chances that it will happen at my place are about nil. Maybe at Molly Malone's one evening soon?... Count me in if it's over a weekend or on a Friday night.
Kadnine said…
Excellent! I'll put out a feeler email to the gang and see what time/venue suits everyone best. I like Molly Malone's, but if all else fails, we could have it at my house. The back deck has already been party hardened with up to thirty revellers.

This oughta be fun.
Rena Bernard said…
Wow! If your deck holds up to thirty safely, then I think you can probably handle the local Louisville blogosphere right there on the deck, good buddy! ;-) Let me know and I'll most certainly bring some vino and possibly some good stories as well!

Popular posts from this blog

Louisville Tea Party -- July 4, 2009

Help us make it known to Comrade Obama and his goons on Capitol Hill that July 4th is INdependence Day , not COdependence day! Louisville's patriots are throwing a TEA Party on Saturday, July 4th in Jefferson Square (6th and Jefferson) from 11am - 2pm. Hope to see you there!!

Friday Night with Hugh and Friends

The consummate Conservative host, Hugh Hewitt, and yours truly! Shameless of me to post this, I know; however, I'm too jazzed to care. :-p What a wonderful way to spend a Friday night! After an hour or so wandering through some of the exhibits at the Frazier Historical Arms Museum, I then got to spend three hours with Hugh Hewitt and 599 other fans of his show. I absolutely MUST say that not only was Hugh wonderful and the live show very entertaining, but his fans are absolutely the nicest people! I've seen other radio talk show s done live and mingled with fans of those shows. Hugh Hewitt's fans are the nicest, most down to earth, friendly people I've ever met. It's quite a credit to Hugh that he draws such a fan base. If you haven't been to the Frazier Historical Arms Museum here in Louisville, it's a must-see. The museum shows an amazing artistry with the exhibits and places them in the context of the times in a very entertaining and educationa

As the Blog Turns...

Gee. I have found myself fascinated by the soap opera unfolding in the comments section of this blog since last night. One little mention on a controversial Democrat's blog and it's High Noon on ConservaChick! (Yes, I'm laughing while I type this.) For those of you who have no idea what's happening in the ever-expanding comments section , join the club! Here's what I know about Mark Nickolas from bits and pieces I've read on his blog, and from a local news report: Nickolas likes to sneer at Republicans and call them snide little nicknames as he provides his "Unfiltered and Candid Look at Politics, Politicians and the Media in Kentucky;" he raised a ruckus within the Democrat party here in Kentucky by filing a suit against the chairman of the party , Jerry Lundergan; and he will be appearing on the same panel with yours truly on Thursday night. That's about it. You now have the benefit of my not-so-extensive knowledge on this subject. Nickolas poste